Friday, June 24, 2011

I am going to be adventurous.



Sometime last week, Kozy Sensations, posted this question on her Facebook Wall, "I desperately need ideas. What is the best way to store yarn so I can see all that I have and works well in a small space? Thanks!" There were many suggestion, one of which was a wall unit. I like the ideal of a wall unit and I had to have one.

Valorie, of Creations by Valorie wall unit was the best. She said she made a wall unit by super gluing boxes together. To make them looking prettier, she covered the finished project with contact paper. She recommended that you get free boxes from local stores. Her main rule, make sure the boxes are all the same size. That to me, is just too much work.

I took the time to look at boxes at different location. The different sizes, quality of boxes, the feel. Yes, I will purchase a box based on how it feels. I likes the small boxes from Home Depot. I think thirteen will do it. I already picked up packing tape, Mod Podge, foam brushes, white contact paper and clamps. So tonight, after work, I will get started. I am so excited.

All of my yarn will be in open faced boxes on my wall and not in plastic tubs stacked to the ceiling. What will I do with the tubs now?

No comments:

Post a Comment