Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day One of Making my Wall Unit

Boy am I tired!!!! Work has been really show, but for some reason it was really busy today. I will take it. Any hoot, I got home and I am ready to start working on the wall unit. First thing I did was tape up all the boxes. I wanted to make sure they do not come apart so I used a lot of tape. In fact, I have to go and buy more tape. There are two boxes that are not taped, but they will go on last, I think.

After, I put them together how I think I want them on my wall. After several different designs, I choose the one that I like the best. I had to figure out what I wanted before I started gluing. What Mod Podge brings together, let no make take it apart. Trust me I have tried before.

This is my design
I think this will work for me.
Now it is time to start gluing!

Pouring the glue onto the box

Spread the glue around

Make sure is it an even coat
I only glued two boxes together at this time. I want to make sure it dries.I used clothes pins, can goods, and books to weigh the top box onto the bottom box. Now my living room looks more like my kitchen pantry, or a disarrayed book store. I am going to bed. I wonder what it will look like in the morning.


This one even has a full piggy bank on it


I hope it all dries

No comments:

Post a Comment