Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My First Beanie

Every year, Granny takes her time and makes a matching hat and a scarf for everyone. I wanted to give it a try. I personally hat working in the rounds. I hate making circle. It always comes out lopsided so I give it up. This time I kept at it. I finished.

I made an adult size beanie. I completed most of it at work. I just had two rounds to do when I got home last night.  The stitches are very close together, and makes the hat very stiff. Well, I know it is mainly from using single crochet, and a size G hook. I like it though. I think my nephew will like it too.

Starting it was a pain in my you know what. It is black yarn and it was very hard to see the stitches until I was bout five rounds out. OH, and the phone rang at work in the middle of every out. lol. I learned a trick: Write down the number of stitched before answering the phone. That really helps.

I took the pictures using my wig head. It only cost $5.99. Now, I need to find a just my size Barbie, and a doll about the size of an infant. If anyone finds one at a garage sale, please pick it up, I'll pay you back.

Well, I am off to experiment with another hat pattern. TTYL

Front View of the Beanie
Side view of the beanie

No comments:

Post a Comment