Friday, July 22, 2011

I finished my second beanie

Front View
Off Side View
Two day ago, I finished my second beanie. I was not thrilled with the pattern. Now, I now that I should not complain, but I am just speaking the truth.

First, I do not think I liked the pattern. Reading it, it was easy, but I do not know why we chained two at the beginning of each row. Why not chain three and call it a double crochet? I do not know, maybe that is what she liked.

Rear view
Side View
Second, it was very small. The woman who created the beanie pattern must have a small head. I assumed that it would be an adult side beanie. Everyone in the family has a big head, so I thought the boys would be able to fit the beanie. I tried to put it on and it looked like a yamaka. I know that I have a big head, but it should not look like a yamaka. I mean, It Really did. I am jut happy that it fit the doll's head for the pictures.

Lastly, it looked a little generic. I do know that is the point of the this pattern. It is a generic beanie so that you can customize it with different colors, add an embellishment, but, this is even plain for a monk or a nun.

I can say some nice things about it. It is very soft. It uses double crochet so that it is more flexable compared to the first one. Who know, maybe with a little tweaking, I will end up loving this pattern. 
Oh, I also finished two of the scraves that I am making for my nieces. I posted them on Tumblr,, so head over there to see them. 








3 comments:

  1. Oh my Jam!!! Did you crochet to gauge with the pattern. I've been having a real problem with a pattern similar to this one. Oh BTW...where did you get your mannequin? I want one. Tee hee;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I never check the gauge, I kind of just go with the flow. I know next time I will increase another round or two. I got the head from the beauty store on Foothill and Vineyard. The head was $5.99 and the wig I got for like $15.00 in San Bernardino. I love this head, I want another one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm....maybe you need to change the gauge, either a larger hook or thicker yarn. I do like the yarn colors though! :-) ...Just stopped by to say "Hi!" Stop by my blog too sometime if you like! :-) -->

    http://poetesswug-thewugsbackyardblogspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete