Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Finished Product

I finished the wall unit. I actually finished the wall unit around the July 1, 2011. They are very sturdy. In fact, they have fallen off of my wall at least 3 times each. The only damage is the scratches from falling off the wall.

The completed wall unit
To complete the wall unit I just wrapped the outside with shelving paper. The same "contact" paper that you would line kitchen cabinets or drawers with. I only did the outside, because the inside is full with yarn. I mean it is really full of yarn.

The bottom unit, was in my closet to hold my shoes. I was not using it the way I was suppose to be using it. My shoes are sitting in a pile right outside my door, so I said to myself, "Jam go put some yarn in there." So I did. I also put some projects in there and they are ready for me to use. What a great ideal.

I will tell you right now, getting these to say on the wall was a pain in my ass. Please excuse my French, but it was. First, I wasted $50.00 trying to get it to stick to the wall. I though, I would you a lot of the 3M picture hangers, and mounting tape. I was wrong, it fell off the wall. Then I use nails, that worked until July 2, 2011. I had a BBQ, and with everyone coming in and out of the door, it fell right in the middle of the party. My sister said that would happen. It spilled BBQ sauce on my floor. It broke my box fan. I snapped at my big brother, and we almost had WWIII. I was just about to give up, until I was told a little secret.

I was told to go to Home Depot and get dry wall screws and washers. I had to get really long dry wall screws, and a large washer with a small hole. I was told to place the washer on the inside of the box, and drill through into the wall. Guess what? IT WORK. I waited a whole week to see if it will stay, and sure enough, it has. My yarn as a had a home since then.

3" Dry Wall Screws, and a 1" washer. This was my life saver.
I should probably say, that is is in my living room. Everyone was shocked when they walked into my house and way it. But, I love it there and I am very glad that it is not in my craft room. I sit in "my" recliner and crochet. I take a break, look at the yarn and come up with ideals. It works for me and I am so happy to see it there. I would not change it for the world.

Well, now you all know how to make it, I all expect to see you with a wall unit made from boxes. If you are going to hang it from your wall, please learn from my mistakes. Use dry wall screws or dry wall anchors if you are attaching it to dry wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment