Thursday, July 14, 2011

I got ditched last night, but have the best Garden Burger Ever!!!!

Last night I was suppose to take my nephew and niece out to dinner, but life happens, and I got ditched. :(

I was really sad, I just wanted to be a world's best Auntie and take them out to dinner. Is that so wrong? Well, my partner in crime said, "Let's go out to Palm Springs and watch the second half of the All-Star Game." I did not really want to go. He convinced me by saying the dry air would help my allergies, and after the game we could sit in the mineral water. Soaking in warm mineral water, relaxing. I am in. It would be better than sitting at home all depressed because I got "stood up." (For those who care, National League won).

He gave me the directions to a restaurant called, Burgers & Beer. It is located in Rancho Mirage, right off the 10 freeway. I got there about ten minutes early so I asked my partner in crime, "Where is a Joann's?" His response was comical!! He said, "Oh no, we did not come out here for you to go to Joann's. You could go to Joann's back home. We are coming out here to watch a game an relax. I am not going to find a Joann's and walk through it."

Well, the Lord works in mysterious ways. I parked my car off to the side of Burgers & Beer. I walked to the front door, and what do I see, JO-ANN'S. It is located at the other end of the strip mall. I tell him I am going into the store. I have to explain to him that each store will carry different products. Different items are on clearance at each store, I just want to look. I promised to leave the moment he pulled into the parking lot.

I head directly to the yarn section. I find what is on sale Vickie Howell Stitch. Rock. Love. SHEEP(ISH), $2.99 a skein. I have to get it. But guess what happens? My partner in crime is there. I had to walk back to the restaurant.

I walk back to Burgers & Beer, it was nice. It was dimly lit, the staff was friendly, the the menu was reasonable priced. There were T.V. screens every where. The restaurant was full, you would never guess that we were in a recession. I thought, "This is a place that I could come back too."

We sat in the bar, and order a Patron margarita each. I was very surprise, I really got two for the price of one. They came out with the glass full with ice, and on the side there was a "shaker" with the margarita. The bar tender pour the margarita in our glasses, and there was enough for another margarita. All for the very low price of $8.25 each. WOW!!!

I think I could make a few beanies for boys with these colors

These are awesome colors.
After we order the food, I walked back to Joann's and got ten skeins of yarn. I just could not help myself. I really could not. I want to make a hat from it. I also got colors that boys could wear, with a few girlie colors.

I finished paying, and by the time I got back, our food was there. OMGosh, it was the best garden burger I have every had. As a vegetarian, I have had my fair share of "garden" burgers. Most restaurants, stick in in the microwave for a few minutes to warm it up. It gets all dry, some are even down right nasty. Most do not even have a flavor. You have to add something to it. Not this one. It was moist, like they marinated it. It had flavor. I just added a little mustard. I ordered mine with grilled onions and pepper jack cheese, on a honey wheat bun. It was great. It was so good, I am thinking about making a trip out there just for a burger.

All the burgers come dry. No mayo, ketchup, mustard, "special sauce," or pickles. Just the bun, patty, lettuce, tomato. Unless you order one of the twenty-eight specialty burgers, then it will come with what is stated on the menu. They will bring you out a tray with dressings. You get: mayo, mustard, ketchup, pickles, jalapenos with carrots, yellow pepper (those are hot, and I LOVE hot food). I was in heaven.

I thought about taking a picture, but once I took a bite, I could not put it down. I did not even eat the fries. That is a miracle. I normally eat my fries before I eat my burgers. It was the best. I would highly recommend, that if you are in the deserts, to go to Burgers & Beer. There are four different location. You can also take a look at their website, BurgersAndBeer.com. I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment