Friday, July 15, 2011

I am a total Slacker.

Jonathan's Completed Blanket.

Way back in May 2011, I finished Jonathan's afghan, and I promise to post the finished size. Well, did I? NNNNOOOOOO. But I am now, doesn't that count?

This blanket was so freaking big and heavy. It is, however, light enough to sleep in. It covers my queen size bed and some. I recall taking an hour to go complete one row. That is, of course, at the widest part of the blanket. It does not help that the blanket is entirely single crochet. What was I thinking? But it did come out beautiful. He seems to love it. I gave it to him early. MERRY CHRISTMAS--in Spring.


Doesn't it look pretty
I loved how I completed the border. It is very simple. Two rows of the variegated color, three rows of the solid colors, two rows of the variegated color, and two rows of the solid blue color. All single crochet. It really makes it pop.


Another angle of the border.






Now for the drum roll please. What is the completed size of Jonathan's blanket? 88" by 71". Now that is a big blanket. He can curl up in it, or decorate his bed with it. I cannot wait to get more blankets completed. I just cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment