Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yarn Crawl Part I: My take on Needles & Niceties

I actually started my yarn crawl in Upland, on Saturday, April 23, 2011. I went online and found Needles & Niceties. It was really easy to find. Just drive up Mountain Ave.

Needles & Niceties is run by a lovely husband and wife team, Bob and Ana. You may see their poodle hanging around the table.

The shop is a nice size, well lit, and an awry of products for all needle crafts. Most of the yarn comes from animals. I am sorry Vegan friends. For those who do not really care, they have beautiful, specialty balls; all balls no skeins. The price of yarn is fair for the market. It starts at $5.00 and goes up from there. Perfect if you want to purchase for a special hat or scarf. Or if you are looking for something that no one else has.

There are a lot of supplies for those who embroider. I know that the major chains are reducing these sections, so if you live in the area, you should stop by.

The reason I really went there was to learn about the classes that are offered. I take a lot of classes at JoAnn. In fact, JoAnn is the only place near me who offers classes and I wanted to branch out a little. What surprised me is the price of the class. It is only $5.00. That is correct, it is only $5.00. All that they ask is for you to purchase the supplies at the stores. Each student receives attention for the product they are working on. Just bring you’re your directions/instructions. Each class is small, just about 4-5 students, so please call to RSVP yourself a spot. If you have already purchased the yarn, and you still need help, call to have a one-on-one lesson. It is $10.00 per hour. That is a bargain.

Here are the class times:

Wednesday……………………..1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Thursday………………………..11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Friday…………………………...11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Saturday…………………………3:00 pm – 4:30 pm


Are you ready to visit Needles & Niceties?
1655 N. Mountain Ave., Suite 116
Upland, CA 91784
(909) 985-6264


No comments:

Post a Comment