Monday, May 9, 2011

I am Slacking

I know, I know, I have not posted a blog in like a week. You can kick me later. Even though I have not posted a blog, does not mean that I was not busy. I have been crocheting like crazy. As of this morning, I am on row 300 on Jonathan's blanket, and I think I will have it done this weekend. Well, I hope I will have it done this weekend. I have to go and buy two more skeins, so I really hope that is all the yarn that I need.

I also have been promoting my meetup.com group, Dinner & Skeins. Putting up Fliers, mailing fliers, posting ads. I would like for it to be beneficial for all.

The past weekend was Mother's day weekend, and I spent the entire weekend with my mommy. I lied to her and told her that we were going to the Del Mar Sew, Craft, & Quilting Festival. It is next weekend. Oh, boy did she call everyone and told them how I messed up the date. lol. It was okay, because I have to steal her for the big surprise. So I took her to get a mani-pedi, we went out to dinner and lunch, and we went to Joann's. I got the yarn for the Special Olympics scarves and she got items for plastic canvasing. Other than that, we just sat around my house.

I do have to tell you a very funny story. On Mother's day, my niece almost told the surprise. The children--there is 9 of us, took my mom to Marie Calendar's brunch. Mommy had no ideal. She knew we were going to do something, but she did not know what. So, my niece called my mom to say happy mother's day and told her that she and her mom have a surprise for her. My sister had to snatch the phone. SMH, little kids. I cannot be mad at her she is only three years old. We did have a blast. We had to wait two hours for a table, and we all ate until we could barely move. Good thing I live close by. Well, that is pretty much it.

No comments:

Post a Comment